Tuesday/Wednesday, September 13/14 - Getting There

Tuesday:It was a bit of a scramble getting ready, with things like the purchase of a new car distracting our attention!  But when the limo came to get us at 9:45pm, we were set to go.  We got to the airport well before the 3-hour mark for our 1:40 am flight, but there was already a long line of people, many of whom had several large boxes to take along.  Eventually, the plane was loaded and we left on time.

Photos 13 Sep


Wednesday, September 14
Sometime during the 15-hour flight we crossed the date line, so Wednesday more or less disappeared.  We had a very nice dinner at about 3am, then all returned to our dozing.  Unfortunately an hour or so later I awoke with severe nausea.  No airsick bag to be found!  So I headed for the kitchen area where 2 lovely young ladies plied me with hot water and lemons and brought me plastic bags to be sick in.  They gave Larry moist towelettes for my head and neck and I was able ( with difficulty ) to take a gravol.  In a half hour or so I was fine, thank goodness and slept for the next few hours.  These Cathay Pacific seats are pretty confortable, though sitting up isn’t my favourite sleeping position. Before we finished the flight, we had a “snack” of chicken noodle soup and then a hearty breakfast.  So we were well-fed, but 15 hours is just too long in the air non-stop!

Photos 14 Sep

No comments:

Post a Comment